About

Monday 17 October 2011

Mary and Bill


When these two lovely books arrived in the post I could not wait to tuck in! 


First, I made Duck Soup from Bill's Everyday Asian.  The photography and styling in this book is just exquisite.  Sadly, my duck soup 'snap' shows my presentation is not in the same league (perhaps I need to place the food with tweezers or something?!) but it did taste pretty good!  My duck was still extremely bloody after the stated cooking and resting time so I heated it up for about another three minutes. 


From The Great British Bake Off I tried the oat and raisin biscuits, although I used sultanas as that's what I had in the cupboard.  These are DELICIOUS! Extremely quick and easy to make and extremely moreish. Just right for an after-school snack.

1 comment:

  1. Oooohhh, I love Bill Granger so this book is next on my list...

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...