About

Sunday 23 February 2014

Snowdrops and Sausages



I think we may have added another specimen to our annual flower visits.  As well as the lavender field and beautiful bluebells, I am sure we will be including the snowdrops at Welford Park in our schedule. 

I have never seen anything like it.  The clumps of white snowdrops amongst the brown crunchy fallen leaves of the beech trees really did look like a carpet of snow.  Just beautiful. Although the effect was a bit lost on one woman who I overheard asking what was the point, as it was just loads of the same thing!

As well as snowdrops, the Park is known for its sausages! We have just had some for breakfast and they were absolutely delicious.  I wish I'd bought more. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...