About

Tuesday 11 September 2012

I blinked


In the days when I was pushing a pram, it was almost impossible to walk up the road without a middle-aged or elderly lady stopping to peer in to see who lay amongst the blankets.  All would tell me to enjoy these days, how quickly they would pass, like the blinking of an eye.  Sleep-deprived me couldn't wait for the days to tick by.

Now, nearly five years on, my little girl has started school.  I've passed her on to the education system and most of her waking hours will now be spent in the classroom rather than with me.  

There was no hoped for fourth, third, second or even one more baby to take out in that pram and I have now turned in to one of those women who stops to peer.  "Enjoy these days" I tell the new mums "they're gone in the blink of an eye." 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...